If you are using the Windows 8 operating system in your system, you might have faced issues regarding changes to the email address. This would leave you in an irritating scenario; you would not able to use the email applications in the system. The Windows 8 help provides ample assistance with fixing such issues related to the email issues in Windows 8.
However, you can try the following instructions to change the email address associated with your email account, before seeking assistance from Windows 8 help.
- In the first step, you need to clear the email address that is associated with your account. Now, start the procedure again.
- If you would like to start the procedure, you can do this by converting the account to a Local account and then changing it back to a Microsoft account. This would let you to start again; and enter your Microsoft Live email address from the initial stage.
- For this, you need to press Windows + C to bring up the Charms menu, the latest feature in Windows operating system, and then select the Settings option.
- Now, you need to choose the option Change PC settings. This would help you to bring up the PC settings app. Select the Users option in the left-hand column. You would be able to see a button marked Switch to a Local Account in the right-hand column, under the Your account option.
- In the final step, you need to click it to dissociate your Microsoft account with the incorrect information from your Windows account. Now, sign out and then back in.
- Now you need to repeat the process and select the Switch to a Microsoft account option. Here, you need to enter the correct email address associated with your Microsoft Live account.
However, according to the Windows 8 help, if you are using Windows 8.1 in your system, the procedure of changing the email would be quite different from what it was with Windows 8.
- In the PC settings app. Now, you need to select Accounts and then click on Your account. You would be able to see your incorrect email address in the right-hand pane. At any point of time, you can contact Windows 8 help to get more information.
- Sign out from your new local account. Now, repeat the process until you reach the Accounts settings.
- In the final step, select the Connect to a Microsoft account option.
These steps would help you to change the email address in your Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 computers. For more information, check Microsoft’s official website.