If you have Office Communicator program installed in the computer, you can collaborate it with your Microsoft Outlook email client. With Office Communicator, you will be able to find out whether a person who has sent you a message in your Outlook is currently online or not.
However, sometimes Microsoft problems can creep into the program. The synchronization process might fail and with this, you will no longer be able to view who all in your contact list are online. Let us find out how to fix this issue.
- Launch your internet browser and log in to the Microsoft Online Services.
- Go to the tab Options and choose Advanced Options.
- Choose the option, Reconfigure My Desktop applications found under the menu Advanced Options. Mark the option for Office Communicator, Office Outlook and Office Live Meeting.
- Check whether the SIP and the SMTP address of the primary email are same. Now, if this did not help in fixing the issue, change the values and check again. However, you should launch the Office Communicator program only after 24-48 hours.
Sometimes, you might receive an error, which says there was a problem connecting to Outlook. When you encounter this error, follow the steps below.
- Open the Start menu in your computer and open the Run window. Enter regedit in it and click the button OK. This will bring up the window for Registry Editor.
- Locate the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Clients\Mail. Delete this key by right clicking it and choosing the option Delete.
- Locate the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Clients\Mail and check if Microsoft Outlook is set as the default email client here.
- Close the Registry Editor window and reboot the PC.
Sometimes, you might be receiving an Outlook Integration Error. In this case, follow the steps below to fix the issue.
- Close all programs running in your computer.
- Go to the option for Microsoft Online Services application and sign in.
- Choose the button Options from the menu for Microsoft Online Services.
- Go to the Advanced Options and choose Reconfigure My Desktop Applications.
- Mark all the programs that come under Reconfigure My Desktop Applications and choose the button Configure Applications.
With the above steps, you can fix the issues associated with the Microsoft Office communicator. If you have any further queries regarding the steps mentioned above or if you encounter any Microsoft problems, you may contact our technical support team for assistance.