Windows XP and Windows 2000 are one of the two major operating systems preferred by millions of internet users. The OS interface is loaded with excellent features and is very much user friendly. Internet browsing happens to be pretty fast too. However users often come across Microsoft problems while using Windows. But there is absolutely nothing to worry. There are easy ways to rectify it in case you are facing any such trouble. One of the most common errors is the error code 1603. At times, you can see it as a fatal error code occurred during installation. This error occurs when the system account is not having ‘Full control’ access on your preferred path during installation process. Computer users find this error as a major hindrance. The good news is that the error can be rectified by granting ‘Full control’ command to your computer. Admin rights are required for performing this task. The following simple instructions will be effective in troubleshooting the Error Code 1603. Trouble shooting Microsoft problems
- The preliminary step is done by double clicking ‘My computer’ on the desktop.
- Now click on ‘C drive’ for installing the package. After that select ‘Properties’.
- ‘Security’ tab should be clicked next.
- Select the ‘Add’ button after it’s done.
- Now select ‘system’ which you can see beneath ‘Name’. Click ‘Add’ followed by ‘Ok’.
- Click ‘Allow’ which is found near to ‘Full control’. ‘Full control’ is located under ‘Permissions’.
- Now select ‘Advanced’.
- If you are using Windows XP, select ‘replace permission access of child objects entries’. On the other hand, select ‘reset access on all child objects and enable inheritable accesses’ if other versions of Windows are used.
- Select ‘OK’ once either of the actions is performed.
- Now you have to click on ‘Yes’ after getting the prompt.
- The final step is done by double clicking on the installer package that formerly generated the error. Once this is done, you will no more have any technical issues regarding the error code.
The above mentioned steps are very easy to follow and perform. You can make use of these simple instructions when you come across with Error Code 1603. If at all you find any difficulty to follow the steps, use Microsoft Technical Support for Microsoft problems. Now once the error is rectified you can continue enjoying the ultimate browsing experience with your Windows XP or Windows 2000.Google+