Microsoft never considers offering us the most competitive operating systems in the world as their lone mission. Delivering the most efficient hardware devices to redefine our computing experience is something that they consider equally important. Be it webcams, mice or keyboards, Microsoft’s hardware gadgets are surely one of the most sought after ones in the market. And surely, the Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 is one such device that has become a favorite for many.
However, as with all peripherals merely connecting a new Microsoft webcam to your PC may not suffice to achieve the desired results. In technical terms, the corresponding drivers of the devices need to be installed in order to make them work properly. In this post, the Microsoft support crew gives you a comprehensive account on how to install the driver program for your Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000.
The Need for Installing Drivers
Driver programs are intended to facilitate the efficient communication between the peripheral devices and your PC. Mostly driver programs get installed automatically when you connect a new gadget to the system. However, owing to some reason or the other, it isn’t unlikely that the required program may not get installed as needed. Hence, there’s a strong case that you manually install the concerned driver in order to ensure that your new device works well. Let’s now have a look at what needs to be done in this regard for your Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000.
According to the Microsoft support crew, the following steps are in order for installing the driver program for your new Microsoft webcam:
- Click on “Start”, and then “Control Panel”.
- Choose the option “Switch to Classic View” to see all the items in the window. Double click on the “System” icon in the right-side pane in order to launch the System Properties window.
- Click on the “Hardware” tab, followed by “Device Manager” to open a new window.
- You may now select the option that reads “Sound, Video and Game Controllers“, and choose “Microsoft LifeCam” from the submenu.
- In the Microsoft LifeCam Properties window, click on “Driver”, followed by “Update Driver“, whereby the Hardware
Update wizard shall be launched.
- Finally, execute the on-screen prompts to install your Microsoft LifeCam VX 1000 driver.
Well, that’s it! You’ve successfully installed the driver program for your new Microsoft LifeCam.
For any further assistance, do get in touch with Microsoft tech support.