Sometimes, you may face issues in your Windows XP computer while you try to run a modem or a printer. In such cases, you might get an error message known as Microsoft Windows Code 19 Error. However, you do not need to worry in such cases. According to the technical support, when such Microsoft problems occur, it is best to reinstall some of the drivers.
You can try the following instructions to fix the Microsoft Windows code 19 error before contacting technical support.
- In the first step, you need to go to the My Computer on your Desktop. You can also click on the Start Up menu and then select the Properties option. Here, you can select the Hardware tab and then go to the Device Manager option.
- Now, you need to choose the device that has been sending out the Code 19 error. Now, you can right click the device and hit the Properties option. In Properties, go to the General tab, and then troubleshoot it.
- In the next step, select the Troubleshooting Wizard and then run it. You would see troubleshooting steps here. But if you are not able to fix it, you can continue with the process.
- As mentioned earlier, now the option would be to uninstall and reinstall the drivers of the problem device. Hence, uninstall the old drivers by clicking into the device’s Property box followed by the Drivers tab.
- Now, click on the option Uninstall and continue the procedure. Once it is completed, restart the computer. You can also contact the Microsoft tech support to get more information on such Microsoft problems.
- In the step that follows, you can go to Device Manager and then hit the Action button. Now, click on the option scan to detect any hardware changes, and then again follow the instructions.
- You need to reload the device’s drivers. The best way is go to the product’s website and download the proper drivers to your computer.
- Now, you can follow the on-screen instructions that pop up to do the proper installation of your drivers.
- Once the whole process is finished, you can restart your computer.
Hence, you would be able to notice that the Windows XP Professional Code 19 error would not appear anymore while running a modem or printer. For more information regarding such troubleshooting steps, please check Microsoft’s official website.