Microsoft Office is one good repository of apps, without whose contents, we may find it quite difficult to manage our day to day computing activities. Microsoft Publisher is one such program that proves to be more than helpful for our basic publishing needs. However, as with any other documentation related app, you are likely to encounter those dreadful Microsoft problems with fonts in Microsoft Publisher as well.
In this post, we give you a comprehensive account on how to resolve such issues.
Microsoft Problems with Fonts in Microsoft Publisher
Just like any other Word-related application, Microsoft Publisher is one program for which you need to consider how your recipients view your documents. Issues arise when your correspondents don’t have the fonts that you use for documentation. In order to circumvent such issues, you should either use the fonts of your correspondents or alter the font settings of your Publisher program.
Setting Specific Fonts
In order to resolve the Microsoft problems at hand, you may set the font types to be saved in your document, for which the following steps are in order:
- Begin by navigating to the “Tools” menu in your Publisher program.
- Click on the option that reads “Commercial Printing Tools“, followed by “Fonts“, whereby the Fonts dialog box shall be opened.
- In the Fonts dialog box, select one of the provided fonts.
- From the options “Embed” or “Don’t Embed”, choose the former and click on “OK”.
- Finally, proceed to save the document.
Setting General Fonts
According to the Microsoft help team, the following steps are in order for setting generally used fonts in your Publisher program:
- Commence the procedure by launching the Publisher program and choosing the “Tools” menu.
- From the subsequent menu, click on “Fonts”, whereby the Fonts dialog box shall open up.
- You may now select the option that reads “Embed TrueType fonts when saving publication” in order to save the entire font set in your document. However, it’s to be noted that this action shall make the file larger.
- In order to save only the letters within the document, select “Subset fonts when embedding“.
- Uncheck the option “Do not embed common system fonts” and click on “OK”.
The above account would surely prove helpful in resolving any issues with fonts in your Microsoft Publisher program.
In case any Microsoft problems persist, do get in touch with Microsoft help.