Though Microsoft Outlook is an effective news and email client, it might run into issues at times. Most of the Microsoft problems that arise are due to PST file corruption or damage. While some of the issues are simple and can be fixed by restarting the computer, some of them are so fatal that you might not be able to open the application at all. In case you have come across issues with the Sent folder, the instructions below will help you in solving the issue and getting back to work at the earliest.
- Launch the application, click on the File option and then Folder. Then click on the Compact All Folders option.
- Click on File once again, and from the drop down menu click on Exit. Open Outlook and test your email, i.e. if you are able to Send an email.
- Now select the Sent Items folder, you will find this below the Inbox folder to the left hand side of the Outlook window. Click on the File menu, while the Sent Items folder is selected. From the drop down menu, click on Folder and then Compact, this option will compact all the items in the folder currently selected.
- Next click on the Edit menu, then Empty Deleted Items Folder option. From the Sent Items folder, select all the messages that you want to discard. To do this, press down the Ctrl Key on the keyboard and select Messages, you will find that all the emails selected will be highlighted. When you have selected all the emails, click on the Delete icon. This will delete all the emails that you have highlighted. Do the same for the other folders such as Outbox, Drafts and Inbox.
- Now click on the File menu and then on Folder. Click on the Compact All Folders option. Close and Open Outlook. Now test Outlook by sending an email from your inbox. Once the email is sent, check with the Sent Items folder, in case you do not find it, move on to the next troubleshooting steps.
- Open Outlook Express and then click on Tools, and then Accounts. Now highlight the Mail tab, from here select the email account that has Sent Items issues with it. Take a Backup of the email account that has issues.
- In the next step, you need to create an Identity in Outlook. Then check if the email account is working properly.
In case you are unable to find solutions for any Microsoft problems, you can call up our helpline number for advance support on all Microsoft products and services.