It can be really annoying to have interruptions with the internet connection while browsing the same. You could be engaging in something important and suddenly due to seemingly no reason, your connection gets severed. You have no option but to close it, attempt to re-establish the connection and redo whatever you have been doing all over again (hoping that your browser’s history would have recorded everything).
Internet connection errors can be due to various reasons. However, if it is related to your Windows network connection problems it can be fixed easily. Windows XP OS based computers comes packed with many user-friendly features and tools that help users to fix many Microsoft problems related to network connections. These tools will be more than sufficient enough to deal with it yourself without having to take the trouble of dialing the Microsoft support phone number.
How to perform repair of network connections in Windows XP
- Go to the “Start” menu and click on “Control Panel”. The Control Panel is where you can access different system tools and manage various computer settings.
- From the “Pick a Task” window, click on “Network and Internet Connections”.
- Double-click on “Network Connections” icon to open it. You will now get the “Connection Manager” window where you can make necessary changes to your already established connection.
- You need to locate your network connection here. Usually it will be found under the LAN or High Speed Internet section. Once
you have found your internet connection, right-click on it to open the selection menu.
- Under this selection menu, locate the option “Repair”. Click “Repair” to start the repair process. The system will check for any connection errors or possible internet settings issues. Wait till it completes this repair process. It will display the list of internet connection related issues that have been fixed.
- Exit the repair window.
- Now go back to your programs list in the Start menu and launch your internet browser. Check to see if the problem is fixed or not. Browse to different websites to check if there is any problem with your internet connection.
So that’s how to go about dealing problems network connection. If in case you are still facing the same problem then you can dial the Microsoft support phone number to get expert assistance.