The popular search engine Yahoo offers a free toolbar called Yahoo toolbar. After installing this toolbar on the web browser, users can access all Yahoo features such as website search, image search, Yahoo answers and many more by simply clicking the dedicated buttons on the toolbar. Users are not required to open a separate tab for this.
Apparently, with its awesome features, Yahoo toolbar helps users simplify their online activities. However, it can slow down the internet speed. Unless you have an unlimited internet connection, get rid of the toolbar. Likewise, if you do not want to use the default home page or search engine set by Yahoo toolbar, you should remove it from your web browser. Work out the following steps for removing Yahoo toolbar from your web browser.
Instructions (For Windows XP)
- Go to the Start button and select Control Panel from the menu.
- In the Control Panel window, locate the icon labelled Add/Remove Programs and double-click it to open. Windows will display a long list of all the programs and applications in your PC. An alternative method to open Add/Remove Programs is by executing the Run command.
- Press the Windows+R key combination on your keyboard to open the Run command.
- Type appwiz.cpl in the type text field and hit the Enter button.
- After the Add/Remove Programs window is populated with the list of installed programs, browse through the list until you can see Yahoo toolbar in it. Once located, highlight it and select the Remove button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the removal. You may be required to restart your PC once the toolbar is successfully removed.
Instructions (Windows 7)
Work out the below steps for removing Yahoo toolbar from Windows 7.
- Go to the Start button and select Search. Alternatively, press Windows+R key combination on the keyboard to launch the Run command.
- Now, enter appwiz.cpl in the text field and hit the Enter button to proceed.
- Once the list of all the programs and apps is populated, go through the list until you find Yahoo toolbar. Highlight the toolbar and select the Uninstall/Remove button.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the un-installation.
The above given steps on removing Yahoo toolbar should have helped you get rid of the toolbar from your PC. You can use the same method for getting rid of any other toolbar that is bothering you.