November 22nd, 2013 was one of the most important days in gaming history. On that very day, the highly anticipated and successor to the tried and tested Microsoft’s Xbox 360, the Xbox One arrived. Competing against the rival Sony PlayStation 4, it is one of the new generation consoles that are about to bring a completely new gaming experience. It reached shores in a majority of markets on November 22, 2013. The company claims that it is a huge step up compared to the previous console, the Microsoft Xbox 360.
Upon release, the Xbox One was met with positive reviews and started to sell like hot cakes. Although to speak about the negative aspects of the Xbox One, some users experienced troubles with their disc drives. The console cannot read the disc drive followed by an annoying noise when users insert a game into the console. Microsoft addressed the issue by giving replacement consoles but that ought to take some time.
For users who do not have the patience and are rearing to go with the Xbox One, can opt for the Punching Fix. The Punching Fix requires you to have hands on operation with the console and it should be done very carefully and at your own risk by following the below provided Microsoft fix it guidelines.
- If any disc is present inside the console, you have to eject it and take it out.
- The Xbox One console should be unplugged.
- Now the console has to be turned upside down.
- To avoid scratches on the console, it is advisable to keep it on something soft like a pillow or mattress.
- On the underside right where the disc drive is present, you have to hit hardly thrice.
- Plug back the console and try to insert the disc.
- Now you can see that the disc will be read and you can get back playing your favorite games on the Xbox One.
Well since this procedure deals with physical force being applied on the console, it is a very risky technique. By following the above-mentioned Microsoft fix it guidelines, you can easily fix the issues regarding the disc drives. If you have not understood the guidelines properly or require more help tips, you may contact our customer support center. The expert support technicians will provide with the best solutions to resolve your problems.