Unlike the contemporary computer mouse, the ‘Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000’ is battery charged for its functioning. The main advantage of this unique mouse is that it has got a direct connectivity with notebooks via ‘Bluetooth’ and there is no need for a ‘USB’ device. The mouse comes with four click buttons including one at the back side. It is charged using two AAA cells. In case of any Microsoft problems it’s easy for you to troubleshoot and rectify the technical issue. The following instructions will help you, in case you need to resolve any problem with ‘Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000’.
Steps for troubleshooting
- Make sure that the mouse is powered on by sliding the on/off switch found under the mouse to ‘On’ position.
- Replace old batteries with new ones for better performance. This can be done by pressing and removing the battery cover. Now replace the old batteries by inserting new ones into the ‘Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse’.
- Once the new batteries are inserted, switch on the mouse and make sure, if the issue is resolved.
- Now apart from that, checking the ‘Windows Configuration’ in your ‘Notebook’ is recommended. Generally ‘Windows’ configuration is a must for using ‘Bluetooth’ in all systems. For checking the ‘Windows Configuration’, select ‘Start’, then ‘Control Panel’ and ‘Hardware and Sound’ and then finally click on ‘Bluetooth Devices’. Now after opening the ‘Bluetooth Devices’ window select the ‘Options’ tab and in case if it is not turned on, click on ‘Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer’. Now press the ‘Ok’ button and check if the issue is rectified.
- You can also check for technical problems related with the installation. Most importantly ensure that installation of ‘Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000’ is done properly. You can use a wired mouse in case you find that the mouse is not connected properly to the Notebook.
- Now again after connecting a wired mouse, select ‘Start’, then go to ‘Hardware and Sound’ and then to ‘Bluetooth Devices’. Press the ‘Add’ button for starting the Windows Bluetooth Device Wizard. After following the instructions prompt, finally check if your mouse is now working properly.
- After checking all these steps, you can also check on the location issues of the mouse. Without placing it too close or too far, make sure the mouse is kept at a proper distance. For this, you can move the mouse accordingly for keeping at the right distance.
All the above-mentioned steps will be handy and useful if you are having Microsoft problems with your Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000. The steps are simple and easy to follow for rectifying any problem related with your mouse.