Letter in Word
Windows had all those features that helped users work with maximum efficiency. Windows Office Suite have always helped reduce work load to a great extend. Microsoft Word is the one among the different tools included in Office suite. It helps you create documents with enhanced features that help you create, edit, and access documents from almost anywhere. An incredibly helpful wizard that can be used to write letters is included in Microsoft Word. Many templates that will make your letter completion much easier are also included in Word. With this, you can complete majority of your letters in minutes. The instructions to be followed are explained in detail below. Any further quarries and doubts can be cleared using Microsoft Help.
- First of all, decide the style of the letter to be written, that is, whether it is formal or informal, or for one recipient or several. Then, decide if help is wanted with the wording and setup of it. The name and address information of the recipient is certainly required.
- Select “New” under “File” to access the templates provided after opening Word. A tab named “Letters & Faxes” is present which must be clicked. Various templates including “Contemporary”,” Elegant” and “Professional” can be seen. A preview can be seen on the right when one is clicked. If help regarding the wording of the letter is not required, one of the designs offered can also be selected. The details of your letter provided with the templates should be filled in. for this, you can simply click on the area of the letter you want and put your information in it or anything you do not need can be deleted.
Letter in Word
- Then, the wizard can be used to create a letter. Clicking the “Letter Wizard” option under the same tab will provide you with assistance in writing the letter. Then, clicking “OK” twice will begin the four-step wizard process.
- Four separate tabs can be accessed or the “Next” button can be used to move to the next step(s). Letter Format, Recipient Info, Other Elements and Sender Info are the four different tabs. The “Back” button (or tab) can be used to return to the previous step in case of making any changes.
- Once, all the details (options) have been selected; click the “Finish” button to open it. Any area of it can be selected to delete, reword or add words.
Further quarries and doubts can be cleared using Microsoft Help. Thank you for reading this article.
Access Help File
Microsoft Access allows creating databases and simple programs so that users can type in their query and search these databases. You can’t just expect every user to have a firsthand knowledge about using your application as not all the users are the so-called ‘tech-savvy’ to use your application with ease. In these circumstances, the best thing that you can have is an online help file. Well, according to our Microsoft help team, creating online help for your Access database is pretty simple and easy. You just need to write down the content, compile the file and link it to your database. You can download a free online help compiler from Microsoft store for free. Given below are some simple tips that will help you create your help system.
Download Microsoft HTML Help Workshop
- Launch your web browser.
- Browse to the Microsoft HTML Help Workshop download page.
- Download the file named HTMLhelp.exe.
- Double click on the .exe file for opening the installation wizard.
- Follow the installation wizard prompts.
Creating Help File
Access Help File
- Open a word processor or a text editor and write the help.
- You need to save the file in Rich Text Format (RTF).
- Go to Microsoft HTML Help Workshop.
- Add the file to the help system.
- Compile the help system for creating the .chm file.
Adding Help to the Application
- Click on the “Design View” for the form or report.
- Now, go to form or report selector. Well, this depends one you which one you have selected.
- Enter the name of the compiled help file in the “HelpFile” field.
- Type in the number of the topic in the “HelpContextID” field. Depending upon the order you have created them, the topics are numbered. These numbers help users find the proper help topic within the help system when the “F1” key is pressed. Repeat this for every topic/dialog box in your application.
So, that was some information about creating an access help file for your application. For further assistance on this, please do get in touch with our Microsoft help team. Hope that this post has been useful for you. Thank you for your valuable time. Ciao!
Compiled HTML Help File
The Compiled HTML Help File helps the user in creating help files and tutorials for software using the HTML tools. The created file has CHM file extension. A single help file can be created using the HTML tools for the software.
Instructions by Microsoft help
These steps will help the user in creating a Compiled HTML Help File.
• Install the free Microsoft HTML Help Workshop.
• Download it from the Microsoft Download Center.
• Install an HTML Help authoring tool
• Experienced users with HTML, can simply use the Microsoft HTML Help Workshop.
• If not, purchase a professional help authoring tool or download a free visual CHM editor.
• Install Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.02 or later.
• The CHM file uses the technology underlying Internet Explorer to display the help window.
2. Help Development:
• Create a new help project.
• Follow the instructions provided with the tool you are using.
• Title the help system, and set window and navigation pane options.
• Select additional options that are available in your help authoring tool.
• Add headings (or “books”) to the table of contents.
• Organize the table of contents by the users’ likely workflow, not by the software’s windows and dialog boxes.
• Create topic files.
• Create blank topics for each task, overview, or definition page to be included in the help system.
• Include a blank Welcome page, too.
• List the topics in the table of contents.
• Each listing needs to match the topic heading, and topics need to appear under the correct heading.
• Write content for each topic.
• Include hyperlinks cross-referencing topics containing additional information.
Compiled HTML Help File
• Edit topic properties.
• Add topic identifications (IDs) to all topics that will be displayed as context-sensitive help so that the software engineer can link the correct topic to each window or dialog box.
• Work with the software engineer to determine who will assign topic IDs.
• Test the compiled help system.
• Check for broken hyperlinks in topics, the table of contents and the index.
• Provide the compiled CHM file and list of topic IDs to the software engineer.
• The software engineer will connect the help system to the software and do additional testing.
Contact Microsoft help for further assistance.
Microsoft Errors fixed
Microsoft has chosen to create software products that run quite well within the computer industry. The Microsoft Windows operating system is expected to run on 90 per cent of the world’s computers by the end of 2009. With the number of users rising, and more and more problems being reported, the company has been forced to come up with an efficient way to detect as well as tackle errors. Many computer manufacturers are known to take responsibility when it comes to assisting customers in fixing Microsoft errors. Certain solutions incur a cost. Numerous issues are known to be resolved free of cost. Instructions to fix Microsoft errors devised by the Microsoft tech support team are given below.
- Start off with these instructions by visiting the Microsoft Knowledge Base online. The complexity of Microsoft products needs a central portal for documentation s well as troubleshooting. Microsoft Support website is known to tackle numerous issues. Users may search for a particular error message. They will be able to retrieve possible solutions. The service is available free of charge. Solutions for a Microsoft error need an operating system update. Such programs may be easily downloaded by means of the support center. These are available free of cost to registered Microsoft users.
- Following which, you need to investigate the warranty protection offered by Microsoft for the software package which is currently facing errors. If a replacement for your program is required, it is absolutely essential that you resolve such errors. Microsoft is sure to handle this for free.
- It is then required that you ensure that your computer is still warranted by the computer manufacturer. While you may not be required to actually get the computer replaced, manufacturer warranties are often known to include free technical support
Microsoft Errors fixed
which can troubleshoot Microsoft Problems which you encounter.
- Finally, Firefox users may choose to install the ErrorHelp extension. This adds a worldwide database of errors to this popular web browser application. Such programs can enable a user to input a particular Microsoft error and search for solution which depends on issues faced in the past.
That brings us to the end of the instructions to fix Microsoft errors. Feel free to contact the Microsoft support center for help.
Microsoft Word is the most popular word processing program available in the market today. Microsoft Word comes with several simple processes that can help you arrange text on your computer screen. You can move specific pieces of text through the use of guides and rulers and also make rules for automatically arranging future sections. Given below is a comprehensive account on how to use rulers in Word program.
Instructions from Microsoft Help Team
Now, that’s it! That was some information about using rulers in Microsoft Word. For further assistance on this, please do get in touch with our Microsoft help team.
Hope you found this post informative. Thank you for your valuable time.
upgrade from Windows XP
Tired of using the Windows XP operating system? Want to upgrade to next higher version of Windows? Windows Vista, released after Windows XP, is an operating system that brought many new enhancements. Try out the Vista operating system without doing a reinstallation!
You might have the option of upgrading your current Windows XP operating system, if you wish to install Windows Vista on your Windows XP computer. A clean installation of the new operating system may erase your files, programs and essentially all information you currently use; whereas, if you do an upgrade to Vista, you can take with you your files, programs and essentially all information currently in use. If you have the Windows Vista upgrade disc and a compatible version of Windows XP, You can only upgrade to Vista. Here are some Microsoft help guidelines to upgrade from Windows XP to Vista without re-installation.
Microsoft help instructions to upgrade from Windows XP to Vista without re-installation
- From the bottom left of the screen, click “Start“, “My Computer” and Select “System Properties“. Select “General.” See the version of Windows XP owned by you. You can upgrade to all Vista versions if you have Windows XP home except to the 64-bit version. You can upgrade to Visa Business or Ultimate if you have Windows XP Professional 32-bit. And you cannot upgrade if you have Professional 64-bit. You can look at the installation list provided by Microsoft for any other Windows XP versions.
- Open your computer’s disc drive and Place the Windows Vista upgrade disc in it. The Windows Vista installer screen opens upon closing the drive. Access the disc in “My Computer” if it does not.
- Next to “Install now“, click on the blue arrow. Follow the steps until you come to a screen asking what type of installation you would like perform. Windows asks you if you wish to update your computer and activate Windows Before reaching that screen. Activate Windows Vista, but it is optional to update your computer. Doing so will however saves you the time for downloading updates later.
- When the installation screen appears, click the “Upgrade” option. The upgrade process shall be started by Windows. At some point, computer might turn off and on. You will be notified when upgrade is complete.
That’s all there is to it, thank you!
troubleshooting Excel issues
If you come across any problems while using the MS Excel program, follow the instructions given below, by the Microsoft help, to resolve it.
Instructions to troubleshoot MS Excel
Follow these instructions recommended by the Microsoft help in order to resolve MS Excel problems.
troubleshoot log in troubles
Windows Vista was Microsoft’s operating system that was released to the Windows series after its most successful Windows XP operating system on the planet. Though Vista brought in many new changes in Windows, it failed to keep up the name which Windows XP had gained. Vista often shows many issues and troubles that makes the user very frustrated. However, Microsoft help team offers sufficient assistance to resolve such Vista problems.
Several updates are released for Windows Vista by Microsoft to fix its issues. Some users, unfortunately experience loss of access to the Vista user account after updating the operating system. To remedy this problem, Microsoft recommends using the System Restore option available from your Vista installation DVD. This process will restore the system registry, so that users can access their Vista account and its password smoothly. Here are the Microsoft help instructions to troubleshoot log in troubles after Vista update.
Instructions to troubleshoot log in issues after Vista update
That’s all what you should do to troubleshoot log in issues after Vista update. If you have any further clarifications, contact the support team, thank you for your time, take care, bye!
Resetting the password
You can easily create several user names on your Windows XP OS. You can even reset the password if you have administrator account privileges. Let’s see how this is done.
Microsoft help and support instructions to tweak the settings
Hope the above article was interesting to read, good day folks!
Microsoft Live meeting issues
Businesses use Microsoft Office Live Meeting for arranging and holding meetings online. Despite time difference or distance, users can connect with their fellow workers easily with this. Also there are other options like, gathering ideas with co-workers, delivering presentations, editing files and collaborating on a virtual whiteboard. You can troubleshoot and repair the Microsoft Live Meeting issues with opening it, finding meetings or adjusting your audio.
Microsoft support instructions to resolve opening troubles in Live Meeting
- Check your Windows Live Meeting account. Use your own account, not a guest account.
- Click the “Start” button, and select “All Programs“. To see whether any of the operational folders are corrupt or inaccessible, Click on the “Windows Contact” option.
- Click “Start” again and click on “Computer.” Right-click on the “C:” drive and select “Properties” from the menu. Make sure that you have at least 12 MB of free space available to run Live Meeting.
- To see whether the proper Live Meeting services are running, Run an administrative check: “Start” > “Control Panel” > “System Maintenance” > “Administrative Tools.” Double click on “Services” to open it. To enter the administrative settings, Type your administrative password. Ensure that the following services are running as expected: “Peer Name Resolution Protocol,” “Peer Networking Identity Manager,” “Peer Networking Grouping” and “DFS Replication.”
Cannot Find or Join Meetings
- Ensure that the password to join the meeting is correct.
- Ask the meeting creator whether the meeting is configured to be visible or invisible to uninvited pupil. Someone invited to the meeting must extend an invitation to you if it is set to invisibility.
- Check the firewall settings on the computer, “Start” > “Control Panel” and enter the “Windows Firewall” options.
Microsoft Live meeting issues
- Click on “Allow a Program through Windows Firewall” and manually select “Windows Meeting Space.“
Microsoft support with audio issues
- As an organizer or presenter, enter a meeting. From the top menu, Press on the “Live Meeting Console“.
- Open the “Voice and Video” tab and select “Set up Audio and Video.” Follow the directions on the screen. You must click “Options” under the general “Voice and Video” tab if you are using the 2007 version to enter the “Set up Audio and Video” option.
- When prompted whether you want to stop all voice and video conversations and proceed with the setup, click “Yes“.
- In the audio setup wizard, complete each step and provide information when prompted to. Once the wizard has been completed, Audio will appear.
That’s it. Thank you!