Microsoft launched the Microsoft Works 8 as a low price alternative to the Microsoft Office suite. The Works program is similar to Office and is mainly aimed at home users who don’t need the advanced properties of a Microsoft Office suite. The Microsoft Works 8 is a relatively stable program and which is not usually troubled by problems. Whenever the Microsoft Works program suffers any issues, the Microsoft tech support team recommends the users to follow the guidelines given below.
Instructions for resolving Microsoft Works issues
- First of all, restart your system to clear your computer’s system cache. Rebooting the computer also helps in resolving issues such as frozen screens and unresponsive Microsoft Works program.
- Click on the “Start” button located on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Select the “Restart” option from the Start Menu for rebooting the system.
- Next step involves cleaning the Microsoft Works installation and for that download a utility called as the Microsoft Works 8 CleanUp Utility. This utility helps the user in removing any unwanted or corrupted Windows Registry files that that are causing problems in Microsoft Works.
- This utility can be downloaded from the official Microsoft website. After downloading the utility from the Microsoft website, install the utility in your system by double-clicking on the downloaded file.
- Click on the “Start” button which is located at the lower left corner of your screen. Select the option “Programs” from the
Start Menu. Click on the “Windows Installer Clean Up” button to open the dialog window.
- In this dialog window, a list of available programs will be displayed. Search for the “Microsoft Works 8” name in the list of programs click on the “Remove” button and then select the “Ok” option to run the CleanUp utility.
- The CleanUp utility software will now start to scan your system for any corrupted files associated with the Microsoft Works program. After the scanning is finished, this troubleshooting utility will then proceed to remove these unwanted files.
- If the issues with the Microsoft Works program continue, then Microsoft tech support team recommends the users to update the Microsoft Works program with the latest patches and security updates.
Follow the instructions given above to resolve any issues faced while using the Microsoft Works program.