If you have visited us earlier with looking for help with hyperlinks, then I guess it was for removing hyperlinks from Word document. We have helped you in changing hyperlinked text or hypertexts to normal document text. This time we are going to help you the other way round; that is, making a normal text into a hypertext. Sometimes, when copying from webpage, some Microsoft problems may occur. At such times, an already hyperlinked word or group of words may not be pasted as hyperlink. The link may break and the hyper linking is lost.
Sometimes, you may want to change the already set hyperlink with some other URL or redirect the link to some other webpage. Just following the simple steps given in this article can help you with all these. Setting hyperlink or editing a hypertext is as easy as removing a hyperlink. This article has the steps for editing and changing the hypertexts and resolving the Microsoft problems.
Instructions for manipulating hyperlinks in Microsoft Word
Follow the below given steps for making changes to the hyperlinks or hypertexts. The steps are as follows:
- Launch Microsoft Word and open the file that contains the hyperlink.
- Click File and then press Open.
- Click and drag the mouse over the broken hyperlink to select it.
- Select the Hyperlink or use the Insert Hyperlink option from the Standard or Edit menu to bring up the dialog box that allows you to fix the link.
- Alternately, you can right-click on the link and select Edit Hyperlink from the menu.
- Type or copy paste the desired website address in the Link to text field and enter a new name in the Display text field.
- The new address will bring users to the associated page when clicked, and the display name appears when visitors move the mouse over the hyperlink.
- Click File, and then choose the Saveoption to save the document to preserve the change.
These steps will serve the purpose. Be careful when changing the hyperlink field. If the URL address or the document location given is not correct, the hyperlink may not function properly and may lead to more Microsoft problems. If you face any problem with hyperlinks, contact Microsoft support for assistance.
Hope this article has been of help to you.